Insurance to fulfill the requirements of J-1, J-2 and Schengen Visas

Below is some information about the medical insurance requirements when applying for different travel visas, including  J1 or J2 Student Visas and the Schengen Visa Insurance for Europe.

J-1 & J-2 Student Visa Insurance Requirements

Students coming to the US to study on a J-1 Student Visa, and their family members that are joining them are required by the US government to carry medical insurance for the full duration of their stay in the U.S.A. Colleges and universities are required to provide the government requirements for this insurance, however the information provided usually only illustrates some of these requirements.

 Seven Corners  Insurance Planshealth-is-international-insurance-agents-seven-corners

Schengen Visa Medical Insurance Requirements

If you are traveling to any of the 15 countries listed below, for either tourism or business purpose, you need to show proof of adequate medical insurance coverage, at the time of visa application, before the visa can be granted:

Schengen countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.

Schengen Visa Insurance Requirements

Acceptable medical insurance for schengen visa needs to meet following criteria:

  • Medical coverage of at least $50.000 per person (US€37,500 per person)
  • Claims against the insurance company must be recoverable in the Schengen area, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
  • Coverage of all expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment
  • The insurance needs to cover the entire stay in the Schengen territory.

The best Schengen Visa Insurance is from Seven Corners. A no frills policy designed for the budget minded consumer that fulfills all the minimum embassy requirements. A letter to take to the consulate is generated when you purchase.

Get a Quote and Buy Now


Liaison Majestic is a plan that is good for stays of up to 3 years.

Get a Quote and Buy Now


Here are some plans that meet or exceed the US government requirements on J1 and J2 Student Visas.

Liaison Continent is good for stays up to 6 months (180 days) To see the full brochure click below. To get a letter to take to the visa please send me an email as soon as you purchase.

Get a Quote and Buy Now


Liason Majestic is good for longer stays and is renewable for up to 3 years.

Get a Quote and Buy Now